On the 14th and 15th of November 2018, London will play host to the world’s most beautiful and innovative cloud accounting conference.
We’re getting ready for two full days of learning from world-class speakers, and exploring an exhibition floor packed with more than 50 Xero-integrated apps and strategic partners. It promises to be an incredible opportunity to network with the wonderful Xero community.
Will you be there? Come say hello!
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH US HERE.
In this article, we’re going to share some of the key reasons why we’re returning to Xerocon London once again.
SMBs: Encourage Growth
What makes Xerocon truly special? It’s the value that it brings.
It provides the resources and inspiration to perform better. Armed with the very best knowledge and technology, accountants and advisors can ensure that SMBs can take the top opportunities to improve their business. Xerocon encourages the growth of small businesses all over the world.
Below are just some of the great inspirational sessions that you can attend this year.
For the full schedule, click here.
Keynote: Technology and Humanity: The next 10 years
Delivered by Gerd Leonhard, CEO, The Future Agency
We are living in times of change. Science fiction is becoming science fact. But with progress comes responsibility, and we must consider the ethics of technology, the future of work, and the positives and negatives of global automation. Gerd Leonhard will demonstrate a path into the future that balances technology and humanity, outlining our biggest opportunities, and highlighting how to deal with our biggest challenges.
Keynote: Pushing yourself to the Limit
Delivered by Sir Chris Hoy, Olympic Champion and Inspirational speaker
It’s rather fitting that Britain’s equal greatest Olympian returns to the site of his greatest successes. Hear how Sir Chris Hoy journeyed from a young boy from Edinburgh to sporting immortality in the velodrome at London 2012. He attributes his success to hard work, having a plan and doing what you love.
Keynote: Resilience and Positivity – Why I don’t let losing two limbs define me
Delivered by Ben McBean, Inspirational Speaker and Business Portfolio Manager
Perhaps the most inspirational talk you’re likely to hear at Xerocon this year, Ben McBean shares his experience as a Royal Marine, and how his life changed one fateful day. Losing his left arm and right leg after stepping on an IED in Afghanistan, it has been a long road to recovery for Ben, and one littered with learnings. Listen as Ben shares a poignant tale of triumph against adversity. Not to be missed.
Keynote: Ecosystem apps
Delivered by Nick Houldsworth, Executive General Manager – Ecosystem & XLLP
Navigate through the options and recommend the right apps for your clients.
Our other top picks for Xerocon London 2018 include:
- What’s new in Xero Practice
- Xero Award Winners of 2018
- Making Tax Digital for VAT: Getting your practice MTD-ready
- Recommend App and Industry playbooks
- Code free accounting
- Marketing your practice
5 Reasons to Meet the ApprovalMax Team at Xerocon London 2018
- Our Silver Booth. And that big beautiful booth is hard to miss! At Xerocon London we’ll be a silver exhibitor, and we’re excited to meet our customers and partners at the gathering of the best minds in the accounting community.
- Spend Management. In London, we’ll share our vision for how our app can enable spend control and optimisation for organisations of all sizes, delivering a simpler and faster way for businesses to manage approvals. Read more about Spend Management in our blog.
- App Advisory. We’ll be part of the Xero Cashflow App Playbook, and we’ll be happy to explain how ApprovalMax can be a part of your Trusted App Stack. Learn more here.
- Demo Slot. We’ll have a demo booth where our Director of Product, Konstantin Bredyuk explains the benefits of the app. Prepare your questions!
- Raffle and Giveaway! Are you sitting comfortably (hint, hint)? We’ll also have a little something different to present to you and we are so excited that those attending Xerocon will have an opportunity to win an amazing prize when they visit our booth.
We’re giving away an awesome swopper chair by German furniture manufacturer aeris. Our Director of Operations, Helmut Heptner, hails from Germany, and he can vouch for their incredible craftsmanship! The swopper is a revolutionary office chair which permits movement and change of posture in all directions. It strengthens your back and keeps you feeling fit and happy. Sounds great, right? Well, swing by our booth and enter our raffle to be in with a chance of winning it.
COME AND VISIT US!Wednesday 14 November 2018 from 8:00 AM to 5:15 PM, and
Thursday, 15 November 2018 from 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM.
Many meaningful conversations take place during the networking events at Xerocon. That’s why we’re so happy to be one of the sponsors of the outstanding Xero Precon Party 2018 (for the second time in a row!) presented by Practice Ignition.
This promises to be an epic event to kick-start the Xerocon week in style, with 500+ accounting firm leads invited. There’ll be prizes, VIP guests, and a 4 hour UNLIMITED bar tab – it’s not to be missed!
Will we see you there? Reserve your place now.
And here are some great tips from Chaser app which we’d like to share: 30 Days of Xerocon: What to do in the 30 days before Xerocon London 2018
What Advice Can We Give in Conclusion?
In our blog article about Xerocon Brisbane, we’ve already mentioned why you should attend conferences. And Xerocon London will be perfect place to put our advice into action.
- For those of you who find it difficult to meet and mix with new people, we have one thing to say: Leave you comfort zone and talk! Yes, that isn’t always easy, but it’s always worth it.
- Start by chatting with the speakers as they will expect questions and feedback, and they’re usually happy to answer. Doing so should also give you something to talk about with your fellow visitors later.
- When listening to the speeches, try to outline and share your knowledge with colleagues. If a speech catches your attention, it’s all too easy to get swept up in it and then forget everything after a few days. This is where the notes can help.
That’s it! We’re ready for Xerocon London. Are you?